Saturday, April 30, 2011

bindings

Thursday evening I sewed the binding on the 1st donation quilt.
Friday I got up early and after doing a few house-y things sewed the binding on the 2nd donation quilt on the backing side and then turned it to the front and  machine finished it.  The 1st one I forgot to do that so I had to hand stitch it to the back.  I don't know if it makes a difference but I think doing it all by machine might be more sturdy for a quilt that gets a lot of washing in a hospital setting.
I took a deep breath and wrestled the bear sewed the binding on Calming Circles too!  whew!
I have about 3 feet of it hand stitched down but the weekend is full of activities so I'm thinking it will take  3 or 4 days/evenings to get it finished. 
I hurt my lower back today digging out way to big Shasta daisies and several other overgrown perennials.  I should've listened to my body when I started to get tired but you know how it it....just a few more...almost done, why stop and have to get all dirty again tomorrow or the next time we have a nice day and by then they'll really be too big to move.
 I've taken Aleeve, iced it, hot showered....I'm sure hoping at my age I finally learn to be more careful.  Oh that's funny and it hurts to laugh too.  
wisdom and patience....wisdom and patience...

4 comments:

Carol said...

Oh darn...please take care!

Cathy said...

Ah yes, don't we all do it. Try to behave as if we are younger than we really are. Tell ourselves, "I can do this, I'm not THAT old". And our bodies reply, "Oh yes you are" LOL

Quilter Kathy said...

While you are recovering, you can work on hand stitching that binding! LOL

Talin's Corner said...

I just finished a quilt on my frame and my back hurts like crazy. And like you, aleve, hot pad, hot shower, etc...but I am not getting old! At least that's what I tell myself.