Monday, April 25, 2011

Quilting

Since we attended our church's Easter Vigil Mass and  we go to my brother's house for Easter dinner (and all I had to make was the green bean casserole), Easter Sunday at our house is quiet.

A far cry from when the kids were young and Easter baskets had to be searched for, breakfast that was only half chocolate prepared  and all of us getting ready for mass-5 people 1 bathroom!  Yikes!
I have to say that right now I'm enjoying this quiet kind of holiday.  I don't have much to do and that's nice, for a change.
But not having much to do is also boring.  The weather was warm but drizzly so no yard work, instead
I quilted two tops for Quilts for Kids.



The one on the right I did my swirly feathers on in a variegated thread. Of course, I forgot to take a finish picture (because I'm crappola when it comes to that camera!)

The one on the left I tried a topographic all-over.  I first saw it on Shannon's blog and new I wanted to try to do my own version of it but like most things I just put it away in my head somewhere.  I saw it again on another blog Jenny's Doodling Needle while I was lurking around. 

Since she had used a donation quilt to practice this pattern a light bulb went off in my head. 




I love it.  It's my new header picture too.  It reminds me of Dawn Ramirez's "dwirling" but more circle-y.  I L-U-V the texture it adds. I can't wait to get the binding on and wash/dry this and see the crinkly results. 
I want to do this one again. 
Soon.
It was too much fun.






6 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Wow girlfriend, you have been cranking them out!
I love the quilting you've been doing. My favorite part of the quilting process is taking the quilts out of the dryer. :)

Quilter Kathy said...

I love the quilting on this one...great job! Hope I remember to try it sometime. I had less work to do this Easter too...more time for quilting!

Cathy said...

I love those 2 little quilts. It's amazing sometimes, just how much of a difference quilting makes in the way a finished quilt looks. Yours look great.

Carol said...

Looks great! You've sure been a busy, busy girl!

Mary said...

This design gives great texture. Very nice!

Joan said...

Shame we dont live closer...I would have a go at the binding :) All your work is lovely...great quilting