I found that I can rotary cut without it hurting my back.
I can also do laundry but that's not near as much fun!
*wink*
This is a quilt from Remembering Adelia. I wanted to use Thangles to make it but wasn't thinking (naturally). Thangles gives me 2 identical HST units. I only want one since every blocks wants to be it's scrappiest!
So after trying a sample block with thangles I just cut all the rest of the hst's using my Easy Angle ruler and my stash of 3.5" strips.
By the end of the afternoon my back was starting to hurt but I seriously think it was the laundry that did me in.
My other design wall has my first Schnibbles on it.
Lincoln I sewed the rail fence blocks as L/E.
I thought I was Soooooo clever using it for a L/E. You know kill 2 birds with one stone (yuk) and all that. However, it took no time at all to get the rail blocks together. The charm pack I'm using is from Minick &Simpson American Primer collection.
Today I am going to try to quilt.
The house needs cleaned but I really doubt my poor back is ready for that-why risk it!
5 comments:
I don't think the laundry is good for your back at all! You should stick to quilting activities for sure!
No - leave the laundry - not good for your back at all...unless of course someone else does it and you supervise. Seriously - I have a bad back and there i nothing worse when it troubles you. Keep safe - read some books! I like your use of Thangles.
Stay away from anything resembling house cleaning. That's MUCH worse for your back than anything related to quilting. That's my story and I'm not budging.
All that stretching and bending for folding clothes, not good at all for your back. And then there is the stress on the muscles when you vacuum, or reach to dust things that are up high. Nope, don't risk the injury. LOL Stick to quilting, it's much safer.
Love your Lemoyne Stars!
Post a Comment