Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring...AKA migraine season.....


I woke up at 4:30 this morning feeling like doo-doo, ya' know: crap.
After tossing and muttering and waking up Paul (oops he still had 1/2 to go before the alarm), I got up and ate a yogurt so I could take meds.  I was planning on going back to bed; the medicine only took the edge off, which is great, but it wasn't enough that I thought I could sleep.  So down to my sewing room for some distraction.

I sewed the outer border on the CW Medallion quilt-yeah!  It measures 94 x 94! yikes.
No finished picture-- I've been looking at the dang thing on the design wall for so long I just folded it up, put the notes on it about backing, batting and that I have the binding ready and hung it in the closet.








******



Then I almost got out the crap  Crab apple blocks to work on,
*edit: whoops, blame it on the headache~ :)*

 
but I looked over my list for 2011 and saw Jonquils & Stars. It's a WIP just like the Crab apples but I only needed to cut and sew on the final outer borders.  I bought the fabric last month...maybe in January and have no idea why I didn't just finish it then. 

ta-da it's now a flimsy. 



9 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wow that's a lot to accomplish when you are feeling bad. I did chuckle at the 'crap apple' above the blocks photo. :-) Have a relaxing weekend and feel better soon!

Cathy said...

Migraines........ nasty things, I get them too. Sometimes the only thing to do is ditract from the pain, and you sure did a good job of that. I love your Jonquils and Stars. It is so soft, and soothing to look at.

Mary said...

Was your jonquils and stars quilt a kit? It's really beautiful. I hope your head ache goes away soon!
Mary

QuiltSue said...

Some good came from the migraine at least then. I hope it goes away quickly.

Carol said...

Migraines...YUCK! Feel better! I'm over the top in love with your Civil War quilt...it is just beautiful. How is your new book that you have on your shelf...Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder?

Lynn said...

You got a lot done while functioning with a migraine. I hope you're all better now.

Quilter Kathy said...

You accomplish so much with a migraine...wow! I can't face borders at the best of time and you did it with a headache...amazing!

Rebecca said...

Hope you are feeling better today. I can't beleive all the quilting that you do in a weeks time. I love the quilts you are working on...the blue one would look great in my house..lol I'm walking everyday too, infact twice a day, makes me feel better and more energy.

Talin's Corner said...

Wow, I can't believe you can function with a migraine. The only thing I can do is rest by closing my eyes in a dark room.