| "A Slice of Summer" (13 x 13) adaption of a Thimbleberries design |
| "Cute Coins" (17.5 x 22) From Remembering Adelia Libby's Brown Bear Quilt ******** Today a new customer is coming over; always a little nervous about a new person. I don't know her or her piecing skills...a delicate matter, for sure. And then there is deciding on what to quilt on a quilt. I like to take my time and ponder it for a bit. Not because I'm waiting for the quilting muse to strike; but because it takes me a while to remember the different designs I can do. (if I haven't quilted something for a while I tend to forget about it). But customers usually either know what they want done, this can be good; (whew! I don't have to think about that part) or bad; (oh my I don't think that's gonna look so good...). In that case I will give my opinion and try to offer alternate, but in the end it's not my quilt so I won't push. EDIT: Lovely lady, her quilt is adorable. Have you seen The Whimpy Kid? The 2nd movie is in theaters around here now but we rented the first one last week...cracked me up...they've got middle school down pat. I always refer to that age group as the "larvae" stage of kids--sorta gross and you're not sure what they're going to morph into.....ah memories. Today, I'm going to Sam's Club! I know my life is just too glamorous! Actually, I got a flyer that this weekend is their open house. Which means non-members can shop without paying an upcharge. I used to belong to Sam's club when our 2 boys (aka the eating machines) lived at home. ***they (the eating machine boys) were here for dinner on Sunday, along with John's new girlfriend and I made lasagna...there was ONE piece left. Meghan said "wow, we haven't almost finished a lasagna since you two lived here!!! I was thinking the same thing. Now I make lasagna and we get 3 more meals out of it, which is my kind of cooking anyway.*** Since I don't need to buy vast quantities of food, I let my membership lapse. And anything I really want a bigger container of I can get at WalMart. I'm needing K- cups for my Kuerig and Sam's has the best price locally and even beats the online "coffeeforless" site, although they don't have the selection that coffeeforless has. But hey I'm going to go browse around and pick up a few things besides coffe, I'm sure. I'm also thinking of getting the backing today for my CW Medallion top. When Libby and I were sewing on Tuesday, she suggested I enter it in a quilt show in June. I said 'nah' I hadn't quilted it yet. But of course the seed was planted and now I'm thinking I'd like to enter it...maybe. I've already decided to do baptist fans on it... I'm hoping for a great day today-- it's sunny out. Meghan and Paul (they are weather bugs) informed me last night that it's suppose to start raining tonight and continue for the next week. I can almost feel the sinus/migraine forming. Gulp. |
6 comments:
What are you doing over there finishing all those projects?!?!
Slow down... you make the rest of us look like slackers!
You are ready for summer with the watermelons. Every time I open that book I look at the coins quilt, yours is so sweet. I know how you feel about machine quilting for customers. Sometimes I need to think about what would be best.
Good luck with your new customer...like your Friday finishes :)
Love your finishes! I know what you mean about meeting new customers. I have a new customer quilt on my frame. It is my first attempt at "custom" and "modern." I am so nervous I can hardly quilt it! :) it is coming along. I let customer quilts sit and "speak" to me before I quilt them too. Good luck!
Love the little quilts and Libby's quilt is adorable...now brown bear will be in my head all day. :) Glad you have a new, nice customer. How was your trip to Sam's Club?
Perhaps I spend too much time on the internet and not enough in front of my machine. Enjoy your finishes.
Post a Comment