Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pineapples

Yesterday I finished the binding on the pineapples wall quilt.  The entire time I was making it, and even after I bought the pattern kit I wondered why I did. Batiks don't go in my decorating sceme, even tho' I love them. Which is why I couldn't resist the kit in the first place!
I hung it up in a little corner by the deck door and just loved it.
 And then I did a double take.
The willow tree figurine on the table is holding a pineapple! 
My stenciled border at the top of the wall are pineapples too! 
It's a good thing my subconscious decorator was on the ball. 

12 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

That's pretty funny! It looks great there!

Jan said...

That's so funny!!! I just love this pattern and think it looks wonderful in this spot. Looks to me like it was meant to go there. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that couldn't have worked out any better! It all looks wonderful and that's the perfect spot to showcase that quilt. Nice job!

Crazy Horse Quilting said...

Don't you love it when you outsmart yourself??? The pineapples look perfect!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL don't you just love happy accidents!? It looks wonderful in your corner! :-)

Myra said...

LOL! Looks great in that corner! 8-)

Cathy said...

Too, funny! And the colours in the pineapples pick up the colour in your little cabinet. The wall hanging looks perfectly at home there, just as if you planned for it to go there.

Ivani said...

And to celebrate what about a pinepple juice shaken with mint leaves?
Your pineapple wall hanging gives a special charm to this corner.
Hugs - Ivani

Brenda said...

Oh, that's just too funny! It looks wonderful... thanks for inviting us for a quickie tour of your most hospitable corner there... yeah, the pun is intentional, I'm bad like that! LOL! I love Pineapples, they remind me of Home. Did you know they grow pineapples in PR? =)

Lynn said...

Your quilt looks great in the corner. You developed a theme without even knowing it.

Tammy said...

LOL! Looks great!

QuiltSue said...

Seems like it was just meant to be. It looks great.