These are blocks for 4/5-4/11. The top row are 12" blocks I used coordinating fabric.
The 2nd row are 10" blocks, 2 coordinate.
The big block is a 16" one! I have 5 other 16" ones, trying to do them in coordinating fabrics as well.
I pulled out the 10" blocks I have done.
This Saturday is the 2nd One Block Wonder class.
At the first class, Libby started giving me her crumbs (she pitches them) and I explained to the others what a crumb quilt was, no one knew. So I said I would bring some in to show.
And the lovely ladies all gave me their crumbs too!
On Tuesday I pulled my crumb blocks out and started playing with them and then sewed and made some more. I found a nice chunk of leftover blue fabric (almost the end of the Amish stuff now) and cut it into 2" strips for sashing. I'm figuring I have enough sashing for 20 blocks, set 4x5.
**of course the way I "figure" I will most likely either be 5" short or have enough for another row**
I took this picture before I added the 4th bock.
I've squared these crumb blocks to 5" and then sewed together to make a 9-patch. The picture is a bit washed out it looks much happier in "real life".
Yesterday I indulged my pillow kit addiction and made the latest.
2 comments:
Your blocks are beautiful! I had not heard of a crumb quilt before, how interesting to use all the left over crumbs and make such a lovely little quilt. Will it be a wall hanging?
Happy Quilting!!!
Colleen
Today's post made me smile. 1st the BADays-you are doing so great keeping up with those! Then the crumbs.....I soooo love crumbs!! They look fabulous. And that pillow!!! makes me want to head for the beach! It's snowing right now so I needed that this morning. ;-)
Post a Comment