Monday, April 26, 2010

Design Wall Monday (week 17)



Empty again!  I had the crumb blocks on the wall almost all week and did make a few more but took it down to put up this one:


This is the Many Thanks top (59 x 59) with its borders.  It is going to be loaded today and quilted this week.
I had no plans to work on this I want it done by November for Thanksgiving. (I had the blocks all put together. It just needed the borders.) But that's how I get off track...
I was putting something away in the closet and spied it hanging there.  I pieced the scrappy inner border Friday night.




10 comments:

Carol said...

Your new header picture is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Cathy said...

Diane, that Many Thanks quilt is gor-gee-ous. Good job!

Linda said...

OMGosh your header just made my day. I love lilacs and just seeing them conjures up such great memories. Why haven't they developed smellavision yet?
Your quilt is nice.

Cindy said...

Beautiful, Diane - EVERYTHING. What a feast for the eyes.

Barb in Mi said...

I guess my 1st attempt of a comment disappeared in cyberland. Really like your quilt - especially the 'Peace and harmony' dog block: too cute! And a UFO of your list well in time for Thanksgiving. What more can you ask for?

Ivani said...

Wonderful Header picture. What's the name of these flowers?
You did a great job with all those appliqué.
I bet that fabric will make a great OBW, Can't wait to seem their hexagons.

Quilter Kathy said...

You are OBW addicted my friend :)
I get "off track" in a very similar way!
So happy the "many thanks" quilt was found again!

Teaquilts said...

Diane, it’s great that you are keeping up with the calendar quilt. Such dedication; even I would be behind. Great projects on your design wall and the Thanksgiving quilt is awesome.

QuiltSue said...

I love your new header - I can almost smell the lilacs.

The quilt looks great, and I'm looking forward to seeing your new fabric turned into OBW blocks.

Melissa C said...

I keeping seeing these OBW and I feel myself caving. I need to find the book and some fabric.