Friday, April 30, 2010

It's so nice out

A beautiful day here in the 'burgh, 78 degrees and sunny.  I hadn't listened to the weather forecast so it was a lovely surprise!  
I actually fused the first 6 blocks for A Tisket, a Tasket BOM today and sat on the porch and cut them all out! I have a nice divet in my thumb from the scissors for my effort! 
I fused them and am real happy with my color/fabric choices. 


If you click on the picture and look at the bunny in the top far right block--I did not fussy cut that, but after I fused it, I thought it looked like an eye, right where his little eye should be!


I also got another FFF ready to stitch.  It's the April one, Stitching Annie.
The Pens are on tonight, so I will stitch while watching the game.
Also this morning before I did the baskets, I sewed 10 more OBW hexi's together, I only have 30 more to do.  woo-hoo!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Wasn't it beautiful today? It got up to about 72 here, and lovely sunshine. Your basket blocks are looking good. I like being able to sit outside and do quilty things too.

Janet said...

Oh, my gosh you got a lot done! I really want to do that Tisket, Tasket quilt. I love your choices of fabric. You will have it done and I will still be saying "I want to do that quilt". I have the Stitching Annie done, but now I have to decide---make a wall hanging or binder cover. Not sure yet. Happy May Day!

Judy D in WA said...

Those are super cute! I love the divet in the thumb...makes you look like you worked hard. ;)

QuiltSue said...

The bunny basket is sooo cute, and how clever/lucky about the eye.

Carol said...

Your baskets look great! Enjoy the nice weather!