I have the Bl-a-D done up to May 5th. The 8" block 2nd row far right is called "autograph star". I am going to use this for the label on one of the future quilts.
The bottom 3 blocks are using a new set of civil war fabrics.
I was tired of the color way I had been using (blues&golds). I have twelve (12" blocks) in those colors so now it's time to change it up a bit.
In between I'm sewing leader/enders: 9-patches and snowball scrap blocks together, since the 9-patches are all dark 2.5" squares and random they stitch up so fast, cuz I ain't thinking about anything but a dark value. The snowball blocks could be a bit brighter (lighter) but I like the subtle look so far. I need to cut some more HST for the snowball blocks.
I think technically I should just be sewing 2 patches together for "leader-enders" but I like to just keep them off to the side of my pressing board on the right of my sewing machine and put a block together as I go. It doesn't seem to slow me down too much and I like the almost instant gratification of seeing completed blocks.
2 comments:
Wow girlfriend, you have been busy with the blocks! I think you should make the dumb blocks and put them in a quilt all of their own. You could call it the Quilt for Dummies! LOL
I'm so proud of your leader/ender blocks. Good job! Is it a habit yet?
Great blocks...I really like the bottom left one! Your snowball is wonderful!
Post a Comment