I decided to use this time to really try and get one of the 2 t-shirt quilts I'm making for my twin nieces for graduation.
I've been working since 11:30am (1 hour break for lunch, coffee and to watch a little of the olympics). I did sew one of my block a day blocks first (but forgot to take a picture of it). I sewed that up as it was laid out and ready to go and I didn't want to have to re-arrange it later. It was an easy block so after it was done, (drum roll, please) ...
I got out the T-shirts and started----woohoo!
Here's a picture of the wall after about 2 hours.
It doesn't look like a lot of progress but if you can click on the photo and get a closer look, you'll see that the center section has a lot of t-shirts that I sewed in randomly (sorta like making a crumb block!)--who knew learning how to do crumbs a few weeks ago would come in handy with this project.
Here is my faithful helper Annie. She can not be comfortable sleeping on the ironing board leg---but she was there for at least an hour!
This is all the leftover t-shirts. I'm thinking after I sew the top together I should be able to add then across the bottom to increase the length to maybe 86-88".
I'm so happy with the progress so far. Part of my hesitation in starting these, (besides the fact that I am a procrastinator) was that I've never made a t-shirt quilt before. It's been a learning experience that's for sure and that's a good thing.
6 comments:
Good Job! That's a lot of t-shirts! You earn the best Aunt award!!
That is looking really good!!!!. You got a lot accomplished.
Wow you really got a lot done. Well done you.
That's an amazing amount of t-shirts you're getting in that quilt! It looks great. Aren't t-shirt quilts heavy?!
WOW! Looks great so far!!
A lot of people don't like them but I think they can be fun. I've made several for people and have a bunch of t-shirts from trips we've taken that will one day find their way into a quilt.
Post a Comment