On the left are Feb 21-28th and alone on the right is Feb 29th.
Yesterday I went over to Libby's (no blog) and we had a 'sew/gabfest'. Fun, fun.
Wednesday was hubby's birthday.The kids came over for dinner and Meghan was off work! It was 1st time we've all been together since Christmas!
The M. compass is getting quilted today (or at least a good start on it)!
Thanks to all for the lovely comments from my earlier post. I found my information on this quilt and was aghast that I had started piecing this in June of 1994. OMGosh! In my notes I wrote: "I started this just to see if I could make this challenging block. I'm hand piecing the compass's but am adding the 4 corner pieces to make the compass square by machine. It is very tricky and I am really excited that I can do it!"
Thanks to all for the lovely comments from my earlier post. I found my information on this quilt and was aghast that I had started piecing this in June of 1994. OMGosh! In my notes I wrote: "I started this just to see if I could make this challenging block. I'm hand piecing the compass's but am adding the 4 corner pieces to make the compass square by machine. It is very tricky and I am really excited that I can do it!"
I remember using what seemed like 50+ pins for each block when I did that step. Here's a picture of the back of one of the blocks.
I finished piecing the 25th block in 1996. In Feb of '97 I started sewing the top together and on 5/13/98 I added the final outside border and I wrote "it took 4 hours!" to sew that border on.
I adapted the pattern from the book Scrap Patchwork and Quilting by Marti Mitchell--published 1992.
I adapted the pattern from the book Scrap Patchwork and Quilting by Marti Mitchell--published 1992.
PS. It's snowing again...a lot. I wasn't believing the forecast of 3-6 inches by tonight, but from the looks of things out the window it's going to need shovelling later. I do believe a couple more weeks like this and I too will be pining for spring.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to hubby. Love all the blocks, have you put them all up together yet??? Isn't it great how the dogs love their people? How great that you have all those notes for that quilt. I think the backing fiascoes are why I have so many unquilted tops. Yes it could have shrunk that much! I just had the same experience with some Michael Miller fabric so it isn't just JA's.
Hope your snow didn't show up! We get some sunshine today and then it's rain again.
Post a Comment