I had no trouble with it at all! I used
Superior's King tut thread on top and Sew Fine in the bobbin. I just did a big meander on it. A few of the blocks, I outlined around a motif but not much of that. The only problem I could say I had was some of the seams were so bulky, I did have to really go slow and push down the top at the seam to get the hopping foot over without causing a wrinkle. I tried to press all the seams open but some of them flipped during loading (or I sewed them wrong when I was assembling top).
On the snow front, well it finally seems to have stopped. And the sun has come out. I think it has made the top of the snow nice and crusty and Otis can walk on it, Annie too, but she sinks a bit.
It was the first day in weeks that Otis ventured off the deck. Annie checked out the entire yard and discovered that the snow it piled higher than the fence. UH-oh. She tried to jump out but I was watching and growled at her so she backed off.
7 comments:
I'm so glad you had no trouble with the quilting! That is very good news.
That is a whole bunch of snow! I am so glad we didn't get it. Do your dogs go nuts in the snow? Mine go crazy...
Those seams on t-shirt quilts do get pretty thick. I'm glad you didn't have any problems. The quilt turned out great.
You did a freat job on that quilt. It looks really good.
What a gorgeous T-shirt quilt! Good job, YOU!! Polly :-)
I have a t-shirt quilt waiting...well, actually, I have t-shirts ready to be a quilt! Hope to get there one day. Yours looks great!
Well done. I had always wondered if it would be difficult to quilt a t-shirt top.
Glad the quilting went well for you on this one!
Post a Comment