I entered my Spring Journey Sampler quilt in a local guild show. I was surprised and thrilled to receive a 3rd place ribbon!
I had 2 reasons to enter this quilt: first I was so happy to finish it and so pleased with my feathers on it that I wanted it 'seen'! And 2ndly, I wanted the critique of a non-partial judge.
There were 18 quilts in the same catagory as mine. And the other quilts were bee-u-tee-ful, so I felt very good about getting a ribbon at all.
And although it clashes with my livingroom (ugh). I have it hanging for Easter anyway- I do want to look at it for a bit longer before it gets put away and last but not least-- I must get some use out of the dang hanging sleeve I had to sew on to it for the show!
10 comments:
Congratulations Diane! Your feathers look fabulous. You are leaving the ribbon on it while it hangs in your living room aren't you?!? It is very Easter-ish. Spring like.
Congrats!!! Good job, YOU!! I'd probably leave it up in the room...maybe even paint the room to match it! Smile... And I HATE putting on hanging sleeves with a passion!! Polly :-)
Congratulations! Your quilt is beautiful, and your feathers are lovely. I'm with you, hanging sleeves are my least favorite thing about entering a show.
Lovely, lovely, lovely. Quilts don't clash - they go with everything. Very good job. You should be blowing your own horn,
Woww, how fantastic. Congratulations. If it were me, I'd have it on display complete with its ribbon till about christmas!
Congratulations...it's beautiful! Oh yes I'd be leaving it hanging for a long time...take advantage of that sleeve!
Diane, your quilt is beautiful. Congratulations!
You should be very proud of it. I like Polly's suggestion - paint the room. It's more work to make the quilt than paint! You should display it for as long as possible - with the ribbon on.
Congratulations! Its a beauty! Your feathers are great! :-)
Well deserved and you should give yourself a toot!
What a great quilt - an award winner for sure!! Congrats - I'm applauding you BIG TIME!!!
Post a Comment