Monday, March 15, 2010

Design Wall Monday Week 11 - March 15, 2010




On my wall this week are the 1st two hexagons for my new quilt.  I took a One Block Wonder class on Saturday. The 2nd part of the class in in 4 weeks. We have to have all of the hexagons sewed for the class. I have 108 sets of triangles.


 Here's a picture of the original fabric.



Still on the wall from last week is the first Jelly Roll block (I think the 2nd one will be out today)
 and the label for my niece's T-shirt quilt, which I'm happy to report was quilted yesterday. WAHOO! The binding is ready and I'm  hoping to sew that on today.  I'm still hand sewing the binding to the M. Compass so no finished pictures yet.



7 comments:

Denise :) said...

I love your new header -- it's the first thing that caught my eye this morning. Very darling and very appropriate for the season! *And* I like the fabric you're using for your hexagons. Sounds like your class was fun!

Happy Monday! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh what a prety header that pillow makes! Your going to sell a lot of kits for them. Love your hexagon blocks. Great fabric to make them with.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Adorable header pillow! :-) Have fun with your OBW blocks~ I'm sure you'll be done before the next class~ they are very addictive! ;-)

Judy D in WA said...

Your new header is just adorable! The OBW is going to be stunning! You are going to be done with the t-shirt quilts in no time!

Cindy said...

I have to comment here, Love, Love, Love your header photo. Too, too cute.

Cathy said...

Your new header is so cute! Those one block wonder blocks will be spectacular when done. Amazing how one fabric can produce so many different designs. Are those waves on the fabric? I'm looking forward to watching this one grow.

Quilter Kathy said...

Very cute header pillow!
Those 2 blocks look very lonely up there! Better get sewing :)