Friday, December 18, 2009

What am I doing?


I started another string quilt!  My leftover strips are in 2 medium size bags now and over flowing.  So I was just going to try to organize them, ya'know.  And I started making piles by color...and I thought, hmmm I think I've seen on someone's blog a string quilt with all lights on one side and darks on the other. It was this blog. Finn has it on her sidebar.
What if I did the same thing, but by color... hmmm. And that was my afternoon yesterday. Today I planned on making purple blocks and maybe orange too.  I'm suppose to be quilting my "Leftovers" quilt, which is loaded by the way, (today). But no sewing today: aww boo.  I had to clean and take my MIL to the hairdresser's (3:30 appt. on a Friday afternoon, can anyone say traffic nightmare?)  Oh well, mom will be beautiful for Christmas. She got a perm too.  And that is more important than my quilt.  

One more thing before I forget: I've noticed that I put off loading a new quilt. It's not hard, I'm pretty quick now pinning it on to the leaders. It used to take me an hour....oh the agony. I can't say I don't like the process. I just keep putting it off and as soon as I start, I will think why do I procrastinate? It's a mystery. I think it's weird.
I know I put off sewing on bindings, because I hate doing bindings. I get that. But as I said I don't feel that way about loading quilts. I need to work on fixing this in 2010, I waste time and also, like yesterday, as I was putting off loading that quilt I started another, which I definitely didn't need to do right now.

2 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Every now and then we all need a cranky pants day! I think it helps clear out the cobweb and I try not to share it with too many. ;)
Hope things are brighter today.

QuiltSue said...

I love your strings blocks that you are doing. They'll make a stunning quilt.

I love your blog header too.