Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm ready, I think

and if it's not done, it's not getting done.  I enjoyed baking cookies yesterday and I finished today.  The food it bought, the few gifts we have are wrapped and under the tree.  My very own quilt is fresh out of the dryer and I can't wait until this evening to sit under it and maybe finally finish The Hour I First Believed  by Wally Lamb.  It's taking me forever to read and it's good.  It looks like Otis approves; it's good for napping.


Last night I stayed up way too late and made 2 quilt blocks.  I'm going to make a BOM quilt this year. I saw it on Shannon's blog a few weeks ago.  
I bought background fabric for it last week, a light brown batik, but when I started pulling from my batiks the brown was not giving me enough contrast so I nixed that.  Amazingly, *wink* I had enough of another lighter batik already on the shelf that will work fine.
The pink one is November's block, but it was a bit more challenging so I made December's block (purple one) first. 







I've made a little process on the strings quilt too.  I need to go and organize the sewing room and maybe make a list of my ufo's and new projects etc. 

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Pretty blocks!
Lovely quilt and cute "pup" too :)
They always know where the best seat in the house is, don't they? ;)
Merry Christmas!

YankeeQuilter said...

Great colors on those string blocks!