Friday, December 4, 2009

A Christmas Quilts Show

I have all my Christmas quilts up, so it's time to start documenting them. That means a little quilt show, this will take a few days.  I have a lot of Christmas quilts.This is one of the 1st quilts I ever made.  It was suppose to be a pillow, but I didn't know how to make it into a pillow so I just finished it. It's all pieced and appliqued by hand. I hand quilted the year in the bottom border 1989. 



These next to pictures show little quilt kit quilts I bought at whatever the Michael's craft store was, before it was Michael's (when the name comes to me I'll just yell it out, ok?) Edit: LeeWards it used to be LeeWards--remembered after a good night's sleep! I'm not getting old just sleep deprived, *wink* They were all the same design line and had some stitchery in them.



 This is my log cabin wall quilt, it's about 50".  I made this in 1993.  It's hand quilted.  After I put it together, I was so disappointed at how the dark green strips made a secondary pattern so pronounced (poor fabric selection and placement on my part--but that's how ya learn).  About 5-6 years ago, I got over it, finally! And I really like this one. Here's a close up of the quilting in the border.
And here it is on the wall behind my Christmas tree this year.  I took 2 days to decorate the tree.    

1 comment:

Brenda said...

OMG! I think my whole house fits under your tree...it's humungus! Woo-HOO! More space for Santa to leave you a nice stash of goodies! Hee-hee!Smart thinking!