Yesterday I finished the smaller Urban Table Runner. I ran out of the background fabric I used for the blocks and although I have at least 10 similar fabrics none where close enough for me to use happily!
I quilted and assembled the outside panels for Amanda Jean's purse pattern and picked out a fabric for the lining-that will be the next step.
I need to buy handles, I've never used those kind before and want to try them.
The pattern gives directions for making your own too.
Finally sewed together these Urban Pods blocks for the purse I'm making with them.
There is no pattern for this one. I'm just winging it. (scary)
I added the center piece; which will be the bottom. I was thinking if I do the same lining pockets as I'm doing with the Scrappy one it will be super efficient!!
I have to cut off the top and bottom of the curved blocks to get the look and size right. I guess I should quilt it first and then cut it.
I f-i-n-a-l-l-y loaded my twin CW block-a-day top. I think I'm gonna do baptist fans on it.
The block a day blocks are almost gone....that is a good thing for sure!
Oh and before I forget. I just finished Kate Morton's book
I loved it!! Wow.
Fun times, fun times...
Life is good!
2 comments:
I just finished that one too, and really enjoyed it. Have you read any of her other stuff? The forgotten garden is good, as is The House at Riverton.
I love those Urban Table runners! I think the Baptist Fan pattern will look great on your CW Block-a-Day quilt! it's such a timeless pattern, it really goes well on samplers, I think. Thanks for the book suggestion!
Post a Comment