Yesterday I demo'ed the Quick Curve Ruler for the "Mod Squad", which is a sub group of my guild. I didn't take my camera and was too nervous to remember anyway even if I had taken it.
The demo went well. I didn't cut a finger off ! Always good. And a couple of the quilters actually had a few blocks of their own made by the end of our afternoon.
I showed the cutting and sewing with these blocks
I ran out of the backing fabric, it's old and I doubt I will find it, and the one block up on the right has a different background but that's all I had of it so now am at a stand still with this. And that is fine because I REALLY wanted to start using my
new fabric I just bought anyway!! The line is called Winter Lane by Kate & Birdie Paper Co. (a new designer to me) and I love the aqua, red and browns.
Last night I had the house to myself: 'glorious'!
I sewed,
and sewed
and sewed
until my eyes nearly fell out and I had to go to bed!
Fun-fun and so therapeutic!!
I work today but can't wait to get the 2nd runner together.
Oh and last night I bought Amanda Jean's newest pattern.
She had the original with her when she was in the 'burgh and we spend the day together. Everyone commented about how cute it was.
Now to find the time to make it!
1 comment:
I love that range of fabric too. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Post a Comment