I am pleased as punch that the CW Sampler quilt is finished.
I sewed the last few inches of binding down this morning! I did almost all of it last night while watching the Pens v. Bruins game. If the game wouldn't have been soooo exciting, I could have finished the whole thing for sure!!
Today I also finished two purses.
(well almost)
I've been trying to get this Urban Pods one made ever since I saw Jenny's on her blog. But there is no pattern for it. Yikes!
When I started putting together my Scrap Happy Purse, I had an "aha" moment and thought I could do them both at the same time.
After I quilted the panel for the Urban Pods purse, I realized that when I sewed the gussets I would lose some of the pod design around the side.
I was bummed and almost put it aside.
So glad I didn't.
I didn't cut out the curvy part at the top like Jenny did.
I was just too chicken!
Here's the inside.
I lined it with home dec fabric. (that was a hint from Amanda's pattern) -it saved me from having to fuse interfacing to the fabric.
Nice.
And I got it on clearance at Jo Ann's!
Double nice!!
The inside pockets are from the Lazy Girl patterns that I've made. I just went from memory (dangerous since I don't really have one most of the time) and it came out fine-- miracle.
And here is my Scrap Happy Purse.
Oh MY Gosh!! I LOVE it.
Amanda's directions are fantastic. You should go right over to her little shop and get your own pattern and whip one of these up!!
Seriously.
I loved Amanda's purse handles; but the one's I got have rivets on the tabs.
Unfortunately, I didn't realize I needed 2 sets of the tabs. I only bought one package... duh!
I could only attach ONE side!!
So now I have to run back to Jo Ann's so I can finish the other handle.
I almost used it today with just the one handle.
Here's the inside.
I just love the lime green!
4 comments:
Both bags are great, but I really think the Urban Pods one is my favourite.
All wonderful finishes, but I REALLY LOVE your Scrap Happy bag! It's wonderful!
Two really nice bags. I am so impressed and your quilt is lovely too. What's your next project?
Love your purses. I am glad you used light fabric for the inside. I never thought of it until my sister made the remark one day that she was glad her new purse was light inside.... because it is much easier to find things. I had never thought of that before.
Post a Comment