Thursday, January 17, 2013

now I'm

binding and binding and binding.  
Almost done!
I made new kitchen curtains (toppers) on Monday.  They are from osenburg fabric and I love them.


   
I also quilted my Dresden pillow.
I was going to bind it too-love that look on a pillow but just wanted to get 'er done.


Now that a few days have passed, yes I do want to bind it.  I'm thinking a black binding, that I conveniently already have made.

I also had a not planned sewing session in which I pieced the backing for my Modern Misfits top

 I used leftover strips, chunks, some fat quarters etc.  And in pulling these out I had to re organize the ever-shrinking stash.

win-win.
One of these days soon I hope to empty these of their contents...strips chunks and sew new 'yardage' from them.

oh and another Baby Life quilt in the works, actually 2.  The other one is still just fused letters.  I do love this quilt pattern.  I've changed it a bit by just cutting the background piece in half (after adding a 1/2 inch for the seam!).  This way I only have to deal with half the fabric while machine blanket stitching those letters---that's a lot of fabric manipulation.  I don't think the seam will be distracting after it's been quilted.
I may even adjust the cutting of the next one further now that I have the size of the area where the words are.
I will wait and see how the blanket stitching goes on this one.



A morning trip to a quilt shop with Libby today. whoop-whoop.


7 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh my word, Diane, you have been a busy lady!! I never would have thought to use Osenburg for valances. Just love how they turned out. On my 2013 "to-do" list is a valance for my sewing room as well as one for our bedroom. Thank you for the idea.

Your dresden pillow is so beautiful! It truly is gorgeous! I highlighted each your photos today to enlarge them to take a better look, just too pretty.

Hugs.

Susan said...

Holy cow, Diane...you have been busy!!! Everything looks great!

Angie said...

I really really really LOVE your Dresden Plate Pillow---could you make us a whole quilt like that, please. ;D And your baby quilt is adorable---how perfect for a child --- or some of us ADULT kids. :D

Lynn said...

I agree, the seam on Baby Life won't show once you get it quilted. And, I think you'll be happier with the pillow once you get the binding on it. It looks great as is, but the binding will really finish it off.

Have fun shopping today!

LuAnn said...

I really envy you having that amount of stash. I've been shifting, sorting, stacking mine, and I'm still not finished. I could have pieced a quilt top in the time I've spent. Your eat, sleep, play quilt is great.

Darlene said...

Wowza! You've been a busy girl.

Carol said...

WOWSER! You've gotten tons done! Way to go! Have fun at the quilt shop!