has it's binding.
I bought this book a few weeks ago.
Thursday I loaded my Modern Misfits quilt, thinking that I was just going to put on the channel locks and straight line quilt it.
I put the channel locks on and then had a nagging little noise in the back of my head. I stopped and flipped through Angela's book for a minute. It was sitting right there...And then it came back to me, I had changed my mind and wanted to try these swirls w/pebbles that she shows in the book.
oh I'm in l.o.v.e.
It takes a little time and I have the quilt loaded longways so a row seems like it's going on forever, but now I'm almost 1/2 way done. I'm quilting with the lights off-the machine lights and most of the overhead lights. The antique thread I bought for this quilt matches the background fabric so perfectly that I can't see it well enough with the lights on. I'm throwing in a random square or triangle or rectangle to break up the swirls. I thought of this after it was loaded so I have no way of spacing them.
I almost didn't do this but then thought heck it's a learning experience and it's a modern look I'm going for and...yada yada yada...Oh yeah, it's MY quilt!
(why do I have these conversations with myself?)
I'm also not quilting swirls in the pieced blocks just the background. I'm not sure what I'll do with those, will see when I get there. :)
| modern misfits 68 x 95 |
******
PENGUINS HOCKEY TODAY!!
FINALLY!!
The withdraw symptoms in this house have been awful.
fun times, fun times.
Life is good.
6 comments:
Ooh, the swirls look awesome, Diane.
I am giggling as I'm reading " conversations with oneself"....
Oh, I love the binding on the pillow - it's the way I make my pillows, too.
Swirls for quilting are also a favorite of mine. Looks wonderful, Diane.
You made the right decision with the quilting motif. It works really well on this quilt, and I have conversations like that in my head all the time.
Lovely quilting! I'm glad you went with what you wanted. So many times I talk myself out of quilting designs. Thanks for the inspiration :-D
Love the quilting, Diane! Great choice. The pillow looks great too.
I think the quilting looks awesome. I've taken Angela's craftsy class and love the look. But, I worry about the scale of the design. Yours looks like it might be 6" or so. That might work for me on a super scrappy quilt I have that needs to be quilted. I need to see if you have any other photos of this quilt and quilting. Thanks for sharing this one!
Post a Comment