so I'm sewing along and all of a sudden looked at the wall and thought um no, this is too much. I like it but my eyes are sorta jumping around.
It could be in part because Hurricane Sandy is playing havoc with the weather and I'm in migraine land right now.
Regardless, I did this.
Blue and grey, mostly medium and dark with a few fabrics that are blending OK for my eye-a dark purple, brown and perhaps a green. I know I could just go med/dark but I do like a bit of contrast.
So I'll be spending some quality time with the seam ripper
While un-sewing I will have to think about whether I want to put all those now defunct setting strips in the backing of this one... hmmm I hate the thoughts of not using them up as I'm trying to use these things up not create more.
I'm certainly not un sewing all those sets-just the twosies and perhaps a few foursies that have blue/grey squares in them.
I'm certainly not un sewing all those sets-just the twosies and perhaps a few foursies that have blue/grey squares in them.
I did put a couple borders on the UFO I had on my wall and it's now a flimsy-woohoo.
I found my way to Debby Kratovil's blog. She is the block-a-day designer that I spend 2010 with.
I loved her Bat Applique project and started it immediately (if not sooner)*wink*
I loved her Bat Applique project and started it immediately (if not sooner)*wink*
| 12" x 12" |
I finished it yesterday-if I had my HQ I would have micro stippled it, which I'll probably do when she comes home. For now it's just stitched around the bats. The binding is completely by machine too. My left thumb is split to hand sewing hurts and is so clumsy with a band aid on it.
*******
and yes it's raining here, light and steady and bone chillin' cold.
bleck!
and yes it's raining here, light and steady and bone chillin' cold.
bleck!
6 comments:
definitely use the *leftover* strip sets on the back---fabulous!!!
I love the darker sashing. Happy unsewing. I hope that migraine goes away.
UFO to flimsy is always good.
Love your candle mat.
Thought of you the other day when I bought myself a block a day calendar. No, I will not be making a block a day but I think I will be making some of them. :)
Forgot to add, hope you are safe and out of harms way with the storm.
I do like the change that you decided to make with the sashing... and yes I would use the rest on the back. :-)
Love the bats! Very cute. Though it's not fun it's better to spend time with the seam ripper, than to spend forever not liking a quilt.
Your work is so beautiful. I love your Dresdener Platte from scraps so much.
Liebe Grüße Grit from Germany
Post a Comment