Sunday, October 14, 2012

moving forward on the Dresden quilt


There in the top left you can see the first pieced sashing section.  
I need 48 more!
I do believe I have cut enough 2.5 inch squares to accomplish that...686.
and yes I used a calculator. ;)
The plan is to make these and then decide on the corner squares (setting squares?).
I'm thinking I'm going to want that to be all the same fabric and dark...time will tell.

While I was rummaging around in my 3.5" strips bin, I found several hst leftover from something (?) so of course in typical ocd fashion I started playing with them and ended up with this star block and added a round of squares to it and lo and behold then found a leftover already sewn together set of pinwheels that I added to the top

 I think I have a new project....it never ends.



These are 7 block a days that go with nothing but each other.
I saw inspiration on Pinterest and think I found a background fabric in my stash that will work and I have enough of....hoping to get this together soon .


*******

I painted my bedroom yesterday.  
Paint was purchased months and months ago.
Am so glad that is done.  
But now it's been made even more clear that the rest of the house needs painted too.
Desperately.


2 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Absolutely love the Dresden blocks and sashing! 48 isn't all that many in the grand scheme of things. :)

I love when you find something you didn't know you were looking for and it turns into something great.

Can't wait to see your Pinterest project.....oh that Pinterest can lead to so many things!

Paint. That's the problem with paint!

Mary said...

686 squares! You have been really busy, but I love the look of the sashing. I know you will enjoy your newly painted bedroom. A coat of new paint always adds new life to a room.