My design wall still has this bunch of leftovers I'm piecing for a backing.
I have some more large pieces of leftovers from my sewing this weekend so I'll be happy if I can grow this big enough today.
***
This weekend I finished this little 12 x 12 inch candle mat.
I was digging around in my one "leftover chunks" drawer and found a strip of 2.5" squares. I think they were leftover from sashing for one of my block a day tops. I un sewed them at every 6th seam and put 'em back together. Well, it wasn't that straight forward, of course; a couple of the red patches were right next to each other no matter how I arranged them and I didn't like the look, so I did have to un-sew and move a couple of them-no biggie.
I used a 12" bl-a-day block for the back.
I also finished the little Christmas 9-patch quilt I started a couple weeks ago.
I was just going to do 9-patches but I love the little pinwheel quilt
I made last February
using Kathleen Tracy's design from her blog.
So I made it again with just a little change on the borders to make it a wee bit bigger.
| 21 x 22 |
I'm linking up to JudyL for design wall Monday and to spend a few minutes hours checking out other design walls!
fun times, fun times....Life is Good!
11 comments:
As usual, you got me with the picture of that cutie! Love the candle mats. And your design wall looks intriguing.
glen in louisiana
I love your candle mat. Isn't it fun to have these bonus projects from our stash?
love the candle mat, I never think to make anything like that.
Love the little quilts! It is so satisfying to make projects in a flash. 9 patches are always so friendly.
Your little nine patch is terrific. And I love the candle mat.
OMG, your tree is lovely. I have been waiting for the kids to get home to help me decorate. I am starting to feel like a grinch when I look at all your photos.
Your candle mat it so pretty. I love both sides!
Love your candle mat. And that tree Wow!! It's beautiful!
great candle mat, what a great gift idea, I love the last quilt...oh mine just love the fabrics you used, it is perfect for this time of year.
kathie
A candle mat is terrific - never thought of that...its lovely as are your other gifts/treasures :) You have some lovely things there.
What a beautiful candle mat and I love the star pattern! You have some neat things on your design wall!
Post a Comment