on the basement (the walls are up! I can 'see' how it's going to look: good!)
And I'm sewing upstairs, which can be a pain when I need something that is downstairs, but I'm adjusting and it's a good reminder of how I used to sew all the time and how lucky I am to have a dedicated area for sewing/quilting now.
and then when I was culling my binder of "Quilts I want to make some day"--you know the one that I'd have to live to be 400 to even come close and that's if I would quit adding to it; I found a free pattern that was given out at one of the Shop Hops from years gone by.
It's called Stack of Scraps by Susan Fuquay
These 3 rows are 6.5" wide and 60" long and then you're suppose to put a stripe fabric in between the rows (4.5 inches, I think) and then a wider one (6.5 inches) for the outer borders. But I'm thinking of making another row or two with the stars. I got tired of making them and put it aside.
I've been continuing the Zentangling.
On Sunday, I brought my quilts out of hiding. There is going to be a cedar closet for quilt storage and I wanted to see how many I could fit.
This is a pile of 30!
It's not all of them.
I refolded them to measure 14 x 35 as I think that's the inside area of the closet.
This stack measures about 40 inches high!
Reminds me of the story The Princess and the Pea!
I started the Schnibble Winter White but couldn't find where I had put the pieces. I found them finally yesterday and this afternoon I had a flimsy.
The fun continues.
It's not all of them.
I refolded them to measure 14 x 35 as I think that's the inside area of the closet.
This stack measures about 40 inches high!
Reminds me of the story The Princess and the Pea!
I started the Schnibble Winter White but couldn't find where I had put the pieces. I found them finally yesterday and this afternoon I had a flimsy.
The fun continues.
5 comments:
Ohhhh I love the photo of the pile of quilts...so beautiful! And the scrap project looks like fun!
WOW, I cannot believe the number of quilts in your pile.
Holy moly, quilts!! What a gorgeous pile!! Love your Schnibbles!!
And I thought I had alot of quilts.....lol You must quilt a quilt everyday, you are so busy. Do you ever sleep???? Love to watch you quilt thou!!
With all those quilts it looks like you could do your own trunk show! I know you are looking forward to being able to use your regular sewing space. Hang in there, it won't be much longer.
Post a Comment