Monday, July 25, 2011

We've got it figured out


I think!

Molly's 1st night with us

Molly is a shy, sweet English Setter.  Otis fell in love w/her at first sight. 
Dominate Annie did not share this feeling, she couldn't even conjure up polite hospitality-as her humans would require- or even mild disinterest. Nope, Annie wants to fight.  I understand the dog hierarchy thing. 
 I'm a bossy control freak, I admit it.  Call me the Alpha and I will say 'damn right'.
If my family were behind me right now, they'd be nodding their heads up and down furiously in agreement. But even my alpha-ness hasn't been able to make Annie tolerate Molly. Unfortunately, Otis got in the way and Annie went after him-I didn't anticipate that one! So now Otis is staying far, far away from Annie, which really makes us feel bad. 
So we're keeping them separated. 
It's a pain, yes, but workable. Annie and Otis upstairs and when no humans are around Annie in a bedroom away from Otis, for Otis's peace of mind.  Molly is in the basement.Saturday night and last night she slept there, where we put her bed. 
Happily, I have a working bathroom down there and the priming is done on the walls so I plan on quilting this week, as I normally would and keep Molly company.   I quilted on HQ last night; my Evening Shadows Bl-a-Day sampler, and Molly slept the whole
 time. 
Yesterday afternoon I was down sewing some strings blocks and realized I was bored out of my mind.  So I counted how many blocks I had (35) and made one more. I arranged them 6 x 6 on my design wall and am calling it quits on the string quilts.  (for now anyway)
I realized, while trying to put the blocks on my design wall, my HQ is too close to the wall for me to work comfortably.  So now I need to try to rethink HQ's spot or a new place for the design wall. 

******
Oh man it is getting so dark here and I can hear thunder rumbling.  Otis and Molly are afraid of storms....this should be interesting.

******

Fun times, fun times...Life is Good!





2 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

We love The Dog Whisperer and I always say "I am the pack leader!" Everyone laughs at me....but really, I am. You know that saying, "If momma ain't happy..." It's so true.

It's sad that they can't all get along. But this happens more often than not. Our dogs are terrified of thunder too and we are having thunderstorms here this morning. 2 big dogs want on my lap.
Is this a new arrangement in the sewing room? You'll have it just as you want it in no time. :)

Carol said...

I think you have it solved...very tricky figuring out all the personalities. My Zack is petrified of thunder...he runs and hides in our closet. Just pitiful.