Friday, July 22, 2011

A break in the action


stairs before
I had more "before" pictures but when I went to upload them there was a card error and they wouldn't transfer.  I didn't find this out until the new studs were being put up.


door to powder room under the stairs
still needs a mirror and the tp holder and towel bar

I LOVE the floor tile!  We will use it in the entrance area as well. 


Here is view from bottom of stairs and the new cedar closet-still need the shelves installed. There will be 4 shelves, should hold most of my completed quilts...if I figured correctly.
Can you see the built in cupboard going up the steps? My dad made the doors for it. Inside are 3 shelves. (forgot to take a picture). I hated the thought of losing ALL my shelves along the steps; in my little house storage is a premium. The picture of the shelving before was one of the ones that was lost. Dang!
 The outside wall is sanded and I have to primer it. Hopefully tonight.  I've mopped and cleaned up as some of that darn powdery drywall dust got through the plastic wall barriers. *sigh* I'm not uncovering HQ until the primer is done as I have a quilt loaded...been loaded since the 7th.  I thought I'd be able to sneak behind the plastic at night and do a little work but that proved to be to much.
This small area took almost 3 weeks. 

There is a break now as my brother, who is doing all this work, is going to the beach w/ his family.
We're going to watch his dog, Molly, an English setter.  I'm a little nervous about how Annie will react...Otis will be in love in 2 seconds, we're sure!  Molly is a sweet heart so we know any trouble it will be Annie! 
Annie had to have 2 moles removed from her shoulder/neck area last week and the one incision pulled open....I hate dogs and stitches.  So now she is wearing an inner tube instead of the traditional cone to keep her from licking it. If you ever have need of one of these, we're finding it works great and as you can see, she can sleep in it too. 


We think it looks like she's ready to join the Navy!  She's sleeping right next to the wall register...it is too hot out there.  Tomorrow the high is only suppose to be 88!  woo-hoo!  This 90+ stuff is crazy!

****

On the quilting front not much is happening.  I pieced 5 more string blocks and made 2 sets of curtains for the camp but that's all.  I'm not finding it enjoyable to sew at the table-I can't get the chair height adjusted right and it puts the dampers on it.  Which isn't a totally bad thing, I really need to quilt more and piece new tops less.  :)




2 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

WOW you are just zipping right along! It's going to be so fabulous@

Poor Annie! We just got out DJ the ginormous lab healed up from a tumor removal. He had to wear the cone/bucket on his head, I had to wear the bruises on my legs! I wish I would have know about this inner tube! I bet we both would have been happier.

Aren't we spoiled by the comfort of our sewing rooms. Your's is going to be sooo nice. :)

Mary said...

I know you are anxious for this project to be complete, but a rest from the activity has to be nice too. You will really enjoy these improvements. Hope your puppy is doing well.