My LeMoyne Star quilt is finished....bound, labeled and on the wall. I LUV it.
I did a baptist fan all over, I marked it with chalk so it's pretty consistent. I used a grayish So Fine in top and Bottom line in bobbin.
These blocks were made using HST (no set in seams-yeah). Of course, I made extra cuz I'm weird like that and then what to do with the orphans. I cut a bunch more and did them as leader/enders and made pinwheel blocks. I was originally thinking of just doing that and make a big lap quilt. But I ran out of triangles and got bored. I had a bunch of them on the side design wall and suddenly thought "hey! I'll bet I could just use these to frame a nice 12" block. So I auditioned a few and wasn't thrilled so I let it sit. I was in my closet poking around for batting scraps (I hang them on a hanger to keep 'em neat) and saw my little red work pieces I'd made, a few last year and some WAY OLDER...I got this one out and it fit perfectly (after I trimmed a tad).
It's still on the wall, I'm not sure if it's done or if it wants to be the center of something bigger.
And here is my main design wall.
I think I'm becoming a bit scattered. --A BIT you say....:)
The bright charms up in the right are the front and back of a tote, the little doll quilt bottom right is sandwiched and waiting for me to decide if I want to load it and quilt a freehand baptist fan on it or just stitch in the ditch it on my DSM...I keep waffling so that's the reason it's still there. The 3 random blocks in the center are block-a-days from last year. They are quilted and waiting to be made into pillows (the little trip around the world will probably just be a candle mat for me to stick somewhere, decoratively of course).
and the left shows my 9-patch blocks waiting for setting fabric (which isn't in my stash) so they are hopefully going to sit until June's Shop Hop. When this year, I plan on having an organized list of what I want/need to buy and not just go into every shop and lose my mind.
I'm not working on any of these right now. We're having a picnic on Monday (Memorial Day) and I have a new cushion cover to sew....I made the bottom cover for my wrought iron 2-seat er but not the back. I want to learn to do this kind of sewing, but dang it's hard for me. I'll show a picture when I have the whole thing done.
This morning I put the binding on
It's not looking quite so FEATHER SCARY to me. yea!
I still have to hand stitch the binding to the back.
5 comments:
Half square triangles are my favorite way to make these stars. I was tempted to start 2 new piecing projects today but I was good and worked on my 9 patches. I need to get a top loaded today too.
I love the feathers, they look wonderful! Love the Baptist fans. I studied the hook feather tutorial and I am trying that next. How do you do the Baptist fans without wobbles? Mine were wobbly
Your feathers look great! I love the Lemoyne star quilt.
Love your Lemoyne star...I love putting them together with HST's. You've been a very busy girl!
I like everything in this post! Especially LeMoyne
Post a Comment