I've been participating in Karen's 9-Patch Challenge. We were to make a 9-patch block every day for 80 days starting on June 1 to August 20. I cut out 2.5" batik squares and made mine as a L/E project.
So yesterday I first sewed my donation quilt top together to get it off the wall.
Then I put up all the 9-patch blocks.
This is a stash quilt.
I didn't think I had enough of any one batik for the setting squares etc so I was going to go buy some. I checked my stash before I left for the quilt shop and dang I mean "eureka" I had enough of this blue batik, JUST enough.
I went to the shop anyway!
I had to pick up my new sewing chair I ordered and I also bought a brown fabic (from the sale shelf) that I thought might work too.
I liked them both but just kept thinking the brown was a little too dark. Although I think the blue could be a little lighter too, so after waffling for about 1/2 hour I decided.
I played around with the block arrangements for a long time trying to get a nice balance. I think it measures 68" square right now. I have no more of that background and I remember getting it years ago so I won't be getting more. I would like to maybe add an extra top and bottom border of the 2.5" squares-I certainly have enough left- to make it a bit longer than wider. And then a larger border around that...will think about that when the top is together.
12 comments:
WOW...I love it... I think I have a box of 2 inch squares somewhere... need to put those on my to-do shelf...
I like the blue, too. :-) Actually, I like the entire quilt - very sweet.
You are having way too much fun! What a great project...love the blocks and the layout. I don't have Facebook either, so didn't know about all the people sewing 9 patch...but I'm in Julie's 9 patch swap, so I'm part of this project in a round about way :)
Creative way of using the nine patches - I like it.
I love 9 patches! Great setting and the blue is perfect.
What a great setting! I like the blue too. I think I will add this one to my someday file. ;0)
Diane I love it...the blue is wonderful. It's a great setting! Cute donation quilt!
It looks great. I like the donation quilt too. Very nice!
That's a real freebie quilt isn't it? All the fabric from stash, and even making the blocks being done while doing something else.
Nice way to use up the nine patches. Love the layout. I also think the sassy bag in the earlier post is very cute. I have loaded a quilt on the longarm after a break during the heat. It is nice to be sewing and quilting, make the world a more balanced place for me.
I like this layout allot and may use it, too, someday!! I like the blue best! VERY CUTE!! Polly
Dang.....
OOPS, I mean EUREKA - you found something that you like!!
You had me giggling right out loud when I read that DANG/EUREKA phrase...ROFLOL
Post a Comment