Ok these are 7/30-8/4! I need one more 12" block in the Morris fabric line and I'll have 20 blocks. I'm thinking a 4 x 5 setting with some kind of scrappy border, probably a sashing around them in a solid or 'reads solid' to calm the blocks down. Crappola photographer at work again but when I look at these on my wall I just about drool. That lonely bright's 9" block, hmmm..not so much.
I've been busy quilting away on Libby's tres large quilt and if I get my butt from in front of this computer I think I can have it done today. I'm going to accompany her to a quilt shop tomorrow (I am a good friend, so of course I agreed to go and keep her from buying fabric; she wants to check out sewing machines).
I'm wondering if I should purchase a taser....buwahaha.
(that's really not funny, so sorry!)
so why am I still snickering...
*****
and a photo of my new bed quilt
I've always wanted this quilt for my bed but with the light background and Annie sometimes losing her mind and jumping up on the bed with dirty doggie paws, I was hesitant. But she hasn't been jumping up too much, I'm afraid she's starting to have some aches and pains. She doesn't even try to get up on the bed on weekends now when Paul is still in bed (that used to be the norm). Dang, I hate it when you notice them slowing down.
So I thought.
It's a quilt, it's made to be used not rolled up to keep it from creasing and brought out to air and re-roll.
I still have the 1st quilt I made ALL HAND PIECED & HAND-QUILTED and made with 'non-quilt shop fabric' (gasp) and it's well-worn but still works. But I retired it from bed service after 10+ years.
(well, crap, I can't find a picture of that quilt, I'm going to have to go find it....)
So, if this one gets dirty, I will wash it and if it starts to wear out in some years I will retire it. But until then I'm going to look at it and smile thinking of all those fabrics that I bought in 3 coordinating fat quarters at a time (because that was all I could afford) and being so excited that I could hand piece a mariner's compass block- way back when I was a new quilter and I had been told Mariners compass blocks were for 'very experienced' quilters!--working on it while the kids played; keeping a little baggie of the pieces sitting around or in my purse. (I think we had doctor appts. on a weekly basis back then, or so it seemed.) And I'm going to run my fingers over my 1st attempt at "mcwerleying" and smile at how far I've come as a quilter.
And if the kids don't inherit this one....oh well.
I think they'll be ok.
2 comments:
A taser (or as spell check wants it to be-a teaser)!!! hahahaha it is funny! Watch out Libby!
Your quilt looks fabulous on your bed. This quilt has such a great story. It truly makes it all worth while. I hope Annie gets to have some time on it-without dirty feet of course!!!
Your new bed quilt is fantastic and I love the history you gave us with the picture
Post a Comment