Thursday, November 5, 2009

The table runner

The table runner Winter Welcome is getting there.  I hope to have it sewn together today and maybe quilted.  I haven't done any embroidery for a  l-o-n-g time, in fact when I was ready to do this one, I couldn't find a little hoop to put it in...I looked everywhere. Well, everywhere I thought they might be....  Before quilting,  I cross stitched. I know I have several of those hoops, but where?  I had to run to the local craft store and pick one up (I got 2 just in case). 

 The 2 t-shirt quilts are starting to nag at the back of my mind.  For the past two weeks I've said to myself, "ok, next week we start...get 'em cut out, interfacing fused...one quilt at a time.." And the week ends and the boxes, full to the brim, sit and mock me from the corner of my sewing room. Just getting them cut out will probably cut the boxes in half (there are 2 for each girl!)  So that should be enough reason to get me going. My room is not big. I could be piling lots of other junk  important stuff in that corner!  Ok next week I start...

2 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Love the header picture! I had to go buy myself a new hoop too. After about a week, I found where I had put 4 others for safe keeping. ;-) I'm retreating again this weekend. I am working on this month's BOM blocks.....2 down, 1 to go. Then it's the fun project I brought with me.
Have fun with the t shirts....the table runner is going to be very cute!

QuiltSue said...

I love the look of the table runner. I also really enjoyed going on your Spooktacular trip with you, thanks! Sadly, we don't have things like that here in the UK.