Well, there goes November! I have nothing new on my design wall, but yesterday I finally had time to start on the Spring Journey Sampler quilt that I loaded on HQ a week ago!
I'm doing a feather design in the outer border, so I got the top border done and then started working my way down the quilt, doing SID just to stabilize layers. Since this quilt is set on point and the setting triangles are so large, I pre-marked the feather spines in the triangles. I am stitching them and doing the SID around each block and sashing first and then I will go back and finish the feathers and quilt.....I don't know what yet in each block...it will tell me what to do when I get there I think (hope-*wink*). But as I was finishing stitching the spine in one of the triangles I was just "itching" to do some feathers....just to see how it would look. It's not the best picture, should have turned lights on the machine off, maybe. It probably wouldn't have helped; I'm a crappy photographer!
1 comment:
Oh my, look at your feathers!!! I sooo want to be able to do feathers that nice. Mine always end up wonky! Practice, practice...I don't want to practice. ;-)
I can't wait to see it finished.
Post a Comment