Monday, November 23, 2009

The "design wall"


This is my design wall the little maple leaf quilt is ready for quilting, I will probably just do it quick on my 4.0, I've never tried the built-in stipple stitch. I got this little kit on my quilt bus tour and am glad another project I bought is getting done. 
The 3 embroidery blocks are up there only because I found them in a drawer a few weeks ago.  I made a bunch of these while oldest son was in Iraq, I think the 1st time.  I had more of them (all with different little sayings) but used them for gifts, pillows etc.  These are what's left.  They'll probably get taken down and put away again, until inspiration strikes.  
The other 2 blocks are orphans. 


On Saturday I finally loaded my Spring Journey sampler quilt on HQ but have yet to start. I figure I can work on it a little, while waiting for the dang turkey to thaw. haha.   I've marked the huge setting triangles with the spines for feathers and will probably quilt the blocks and sashing "as the quilting spirit" moves me as I go along.  I know once I start on this, I won't want to stop.  (Its an illness, I know.....)


8 comments:

Gari in AL said...

I know what you mean about letting things "mellow." I recently reorganized my sewing room and now I can see my "mellowing" shelves. I was surprised at how many sets of blocks are up there. Last year I tried to get one UFO done a month but all the while I was making more. Opps!

Quilter Kathy said...

I enjoyed reading your post! You mini quilt is adorable!

Myra said...

Hello Diane!
I see you are a fairly new blogger! Welcome to blogland!!! I took a quick look through your blog. You've got some wonderful projects made and on the go!
Love your turkey table topper! Too cute!!!
I look forward to seeing more... 8-)
Happy stitchings!

QuiltSue said...

I love your little Maple-leaf quilt.

Anonymous said...

Nice Diane! Way to go. I love your quilt - can't wait to see pics when you are done quilting it!

Bari

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Spring journey is very pretty!

Tammy said...

Myra sent me over to your blog and I'm glad I stopped by :)
Very nice stitching going on here!
I look forward to stopping by again soon.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Tammy

Dianne said...

Hi Diane: Myra spoke about your cute turkey table runner on her blog so I wanted to come and take a peek. I love it and a blue turkey would fit right in my kitchen. Thanks for giving me ideas. Oh, and my name is also Dianne, except as you can tell spelled with two n's. Welcome to blogging.