I'm making slow progress on both quilts.
I've cut this stripe for sashing between the rows of CW blocks
now I think I want to put the blue 1.5 inch sashing all the way around and w/cornerstones too. (always like to use them as they make the matching up easier, in mho.)
I get super excited every time I add a block to this bunch. I have the rest of the grey curves sewn together and just need oh, 45 minutes probably to sew them on.
Maybe today is the day.
a few days ago, just for the heck of it I sewed together the original blades I had cut for my dresden; cut before I sewed a sample block and decided I wanted mine to be bigger.
I think these shall become smaller pillows. The top one I'm calling my 'low volume' one I love it. The blue one I love simply because it's blue.
I look at them here and on my design wall and think 'oh wouldn't that be a nice quilt...either all blue and beige dresdens' (Diane you do want to make a blue and white quilt one day....) or 'oh wouldn't that be cool to make one in each color-controlled scrappy'.
And then I smack myself and come back to reality and say 'yes 2 finished pillows is the way to go.'
heh-heh.
3 comments:
I love your design wall! So colorful!
And your Dresdens, they are going to be great pillows. I am loving the blocks I've been making because of you. :)
Looking great! I'm glad you slapped yourself back to your senses. If we could just stop the ideas for a minute to catch up, it would be great!
I like the curves in the blue quilt. Is that a specific technique?
Post a Comment