Monday, March 4, 2013

Retreat!!

The Quilt guild I belong to had it's annual retreat over the weekend.
I'm always a bit negative about going on retreats.  It seems like such a bother gathering up all my stuff and taking it to a strange place to sew. When I already have an organized routine at home.  
But after getting settled in, I'm happy I did.
Of course:
I packed too much!  
I ate too much.
I laughed too much-no that's not possible! But you know what I mean.
I made some new friends. (Hi Mary Lynne!) and got to know some of the other guild members a little better and attached a few more names to faces. 

And I got a lot done.  
I thought I would get much more done but isn't that how it always is?

The two latest blocks in Jenny's Curve it Up Quilt along were first.


Here's all my blocks so far.


I pieced all 85 of the 90 blocks I need for Urban Candy.  I didn't finish the final five because I didn't have enough of the colored curve pieces cut!  How the heck did that happen!

They are cut now and I will post a picture soon.
They need pressed before I put 'em up on the design wall.
Although I'm not thrilled with the colors, this quilt is not for me and I'm excited to see all the blocks together.

And finally, I pieced 8 of these X blocks.

Four blocks (12 inches each) make an X.  I'm using my strings to make the centers. After all the curved piecing I did, it was very nice to slip back into mindless sewing.

I've finished quilting a huge quilt for Libby and can't wait until she picks it up so I can show a few pictures.  She says she hasn't been on the blog for a while but just in case I want her to see this one in person first.  

Oh and I got a new pattern.


oh my gosh! I can't wait to make this one!!


5 comments:

Lynn said...

Where to begin?
Hippity Hop is adorable!
The Xblocks are going to make a great quilt.
I love the way all your blocks for the Curve it Up quilt look.
And, I'm glad you had a great time at the retreat. I've never attended one. Maybe someday.

antique quilter said...

wow love those blocks, you certainly got a lot done at the retreat! love that new pattern you bought soooo cute. I happen to be making something like your scrappy blocks too ! very fun with the blue, hmmm mine is a different color :)
for the background !
Kathie

Cindy said...

You have more curves than anyone I know...(giggling Out loud)

Karen said...

I like the yellow and blue fabric combo in the curved blocks. Nice design.

Carol said...

Nothing better than a fun retreat! Love what you got done...and Hippity Hop is as cute as it can be! What a fun post!