Thursday, March 7, 2013

Curves on the Design Wall!


I have the blocks up sideways since my wall is wider than longer-but you get the idea.  
This quilt has 10 rows.  
All the green blocks and grey blocks are up there.  The rest, which I am still in the process of squaring up are the pink/red ones.  
I have used up all of the fabric and have made exactly 90 blocks.
I am not happy with the 5 darker grey blocks.  I had to add them from my stash as I didn't have enough of the lighter grey stripe to reach the 90 blocks.  You can see I made a green block from my stash as well, it's the far right bottom row of green ones.  It's a little too green but not enough to scream at me so it stays. 
The pattern shows a very random placement.  
I am going to compare this layout to a random arrangement and then if I like this better, I guess I'll have to go searching for some a lighter grey or grey stripe and swap out those 5 dreary solid reading ones.  
When I first started putting these up, I was doing it randomly but didn't like how it was looking; hence the change.

******

This weekend I am going to the first meeting of a new small modern quilt group forming in my guild.  
The email asked us to bring whatever we might have to share.

So Modern Misfits is finally getting the binding finished.  
Nothing like a deadline to light a fire under my butt. 
 *grin*

Fun Times, fun times...
Life is Good.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I think the darker gray blocks harken back to quilt history when quilters would make blocks with what was in the stash to finish a quilt. I like them.

Melinda said...

If it wasn't for the last minute I would never get anything done. Still have two quilts to quilt and bind for shop hop next week. Love your curves!

Mary said...

Diane, I like all the curves. I think it is going to be great when you get it all done.