Monday, March 25, 2013

Design Wall Monday& Curve it Up QAL

Block 11 Drunkard's Path
16 inch block
 
*******

My stack 'n slash has been fun.  I think it's close to being done.
I started with 5 inch charms, alternating white and batiks.

They squared up to 3 3/4".  
 I made a second set of blocks and cut some white squares to fill in and separate them.

I made a 3rd set of blocks and cut some larger white strips and squares.
Two reasons for this: 
1. I really want the color to be spread out.
2.  I was trying to make it work without having to piece another set of blocks.


This is where it is now. 
I do believe I will make that last set of blocks.  If I add a border and sew these together now it will be a bit small for a baby quilt. 

********

This weekend I needed a quick little something to go with a birthday gift card so I enlarged a bunny applique and made these two tea towels. 
One was for the birthday girl--one was for me!

and while I was digging around to find the perfect fabric for the bunnies I found this dog panel quilt all done except the binding. 
 

Imagine that! Me, not finishing the binding!!
The binding wasn't even made, what a slacker!
Now it is, sewn on and I'm half way around hand sewing it to the back.
It will be donation quilt for Quilt for Kids.  








3 comments:

Cindy said...

There you go again - showing everyone your curves. Girl - you should behave yourself....LOL

Anyhow - you DO have nice curves and I don't tell everyone that..LOL

Diane said...

haha you are too funny!
I will try to behave.

Lynn said...

Like Cindy says, you do have nice curves!

I really like the way you stack and slash turned out. Love the splashes of color in the white.