| Old St Nick progress (64 x 80-when done) |
Here's a 'hot off the memory card' picture!
I finished all the machine blanket stitching-those pine trees are huge-the two bigger trees are 15 inches and that's just the green part. They are 28 inches from tip top to bottom of the trunk! I did take the background apart, in half basically along one of the rows, to make it easier to manipulate while doing the stitching. It's sewn back together now.
I finished all the machine blanket stitching-those pine trees are huge-the two bigger trees are 15 inches and that's just the green part. They are 28 inches from tip top to bottom of the trunk! I did take the background apart, in half basically along one of the rows, to make it easier to manipulate while doing the stitching. It's sewn back together now.
And for anyone who might be wondering, yes I forgot to flip the templates when I was marking the fusible so my Santa it looking to the east rather than the west.
His coat and hat are flannel and I just love it.
I still need to piece 26 or is it 22 hst's? oh crap I can't remember but I think I have the correct number of Thangles pulled.
I do remember the number 168; which is the total HST needed for those scrumptious borders! I'm hoping to have this done in the first week of December.
His coat and hat are flannel and I just love it.
I still need to piece 26 or is it 22 hst's? oh crap I can't remember but I think I have the correct number of Thangles pulled.
I do remember the number 168; which is the total HST needed for those scrumptious borders! I'm hoping to have this done in the first week of December.
The racks of thread there need to find a home on a wall but since walls down in deconstruction land seem to keep moving/changing/disappearing, they're hanging out along the design wall for now- in my way but I'm trying to work on my patience just deal with it.
Paul spent last evening tearing out part of the old back wall to move the gas line for the fireplace.
Once again I'm so glad he never finished the drywall on that back wall even withmy gentle urging to do so nagging. Unscrewing it from the studs was nearly mess free as opposed to the dreaded Saws-All and the tons of white powdery dust which is has become, once again, my nemesis.
*****
Once again I'm so glad he never finished the drywall on that back wall even with
*****
quilting continues...
....fun times, fun times. Life is good.
....fun times, fun times. Life is good.
7 comments:
Oh, oh, oh I ADORE this quilt!!! I want one of it too!! :D
A very good Old St. Nick quilt. Nice and prim style.
Ol St Nick is great, whichever way he's looking.
Ol'Saint Nick is looking great! Sounds like you're in the situation where procrastination wasn't a bad thing.
It's gonna be a great quilt, but I have to admit, I was also drooling over your rack of thread on the right. Looks like the thread I ordered recently, but in every color!!
Geoorgeous quilt. Your thread racks look fabulous. Looks like you will have a heap of sewing to get through for Christmas... happy sewing :)
Living in the midst of a renovation is hard. You have a great attitude about it. I love your Christmas quilt.
Post a Comment