Sunday, November 20, 2011

Design Wall Monday

These are the top and bottom rows for my Old St Nick top. The four corner blocks are up there also. They're already sewn together.


My plans for this week (besides hosting Thanksgiving dinner) is to get these 2 rows sewn together.
And machine finish the bindings on these 5 Quilts for Kids quilts.

And do some quilting too. Well, if I just get another top loaded I'll count that as good.

Paul went bear hunting.  Alas Whew! He didn't get one. While he was gone I cleaned and cooked and did yard work  (LYING!) sewed non stop almost!  (that's the TRUTH!)

I quilted and finished
18 x 36

And then I quilted and finished.


Check out other design walls at Judy's

19 comments:

Carol said...

YIPPEE! You got Thankful done...I knew you would! You were certainly a busy girl while hubby was hunting!
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Quilter Kathy said...

You got a lot finished! Good luck this week with your goals!

Quilter Kathy said...

I think I just lost my comment :(
You've finished a lot this week and made some lovely Thanksgiving quilts! Good luck with your goals for this week!

Judy D in WA said...

How lucky we are to have all that time for cleaning and cooking while the men are out gathering......

Love everything! Binding will be finished in no time! Kiddos are getting some cute quilts.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Sue Daurio said...

Great finishes for Thanksgiving week!! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your Thanksgiving wall hangings look beautiful! You have been busy!

Gari in AL said...

Bear hunting? Why? No, I don't want to know. But it looks like you used your time wisely while he was gone. Good for you! Love the Be Thankful.

Joan said...

Sounds like a great project and they are really lovely. Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Bonnie said...

Yeah for such great productivity. Maybe he needs to go hunting for caribou or elk or goats or sheep... you get the idea... lol. And good for you making 5 quilts for kids quilts. I'm so impressed!

Lynn said...

Your banners are cute. You got a lot done while your husband was tramping around in the woods. St. Nick is coming along nicely.

Vicki H. said...

That is so great! I always have so much planned when the guys are gone and I usually get the sewing done...not the cleaning and organizing so much.... have a great Thanksgiving.

marcella said...

Wow! You really got a lot done. Your Thanksgiving hanging is adorable. That's quite a to do list you have for this week. Best of luck getting it all accomplished. I'm looking forward to seeing the St. Nick top come together - those fabrics look great.

AnnieO said...

Love your Thankful hangings, they are beautiful. I have some QFK projects going too, very overdue! Glad your husband didn't get a bear--what would he do with it? Happy Thanksgiving!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I just love having seasonal little quilts I can hang and your Thanksgiving ones are WONderful! Of course, ANYthing for fall is a favorite for me. Happy Thanksgiving!

Melinda said...

You got a lot done - good for you.

PJ said...

Great little Thanksgiving quilts.
I love fall and winter wall hangings and table runners.

Denise :) said...

I *love* your two seasonal pieces - especially the turkey! And your Old St. Nick top is coming along so nicely!! :)

Mary said...

Your wall hangings are so precious. Now that I've finally put up a hanger for small wall quilts, I need to get busy and make some.

Debbie said...

Some very fun and timely finishes. Cleaning just isn't as satisfying as some adorable quilting...you made the right choice.