Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Before I forget....



I did put the fast finish triangles technique on the new jack's quilts.


Very fast and easy.  I normally sew a split sleeve on the back of my wall quilts so I can run a dowel through them and hang with a single nail in the wall; putting these little triangles in the corners of even those quilts in addition to the hanging sleeve would be helpful in keeping the corners from drooping and also save time. 
I just love that trick or treat backing fabric (got it as Jo Ann's).

I also started a 2nd The Witch Is In banner.  I don't know why I feel compelled to make a second small quilt from a pattern but it happens a lot. 
Anywho...after I fused the shoes to the background and was trying to get the hat pieces in place I couldn't figure out why it wasn't fitting.  
And then I realized I had fused the shoes 1 inch up from the edge of the bottom border instead of 1 inch up from the bottom edge of the background!  


So I had to cut down the hat and do a little re arranging (the black dot on the left below the word "is" will be a spider when I get to the blanket stitching.
(I removed the bottom border piece.)
It's a little wonky looking-her legs could be a little closer together but they were already fused so that was not possible.  For about 20 seconds I contemplated just pitching the whole thing into the trash.
I'm glad I didn't-I would have dug it out this morning anyway!
 Anyone who doesn't know how it really 'should' look would never know.  
And I still just love those shoes!

**********

In other news, I finally got the blanket stitching done on H.Whiskers.

Here is the proof!  

Now I just need to finish a huge customer quilt (100x110) and I will maybe take a day and quilt this for me.  





9 comments:

Lynn said...

The fast finish triangles are great. Thanks for the link. Your quilts are, as always, great. You're right if someone doesn't know the pattern, they would never know that your wall hanging is different.

Denise :) said...

Your Henrietta Whiskers quilt is darling! You did a great job with it! :)

Karen said...

You have accomplished a lot. Good for you.
I like the angel piece in your header. Perfect for November.

Debbie said...

I still need to finish my stitching around the last appliques for Henrietta Whiskers. The witch banner looks great, glad you salvaged it.

Vicki H. said...

Very pretty quilts for the fall. Those big quilts are a ton of work. Good luck! I sent to an email about my long arm woes.

Jeanne said...

So many wonderful projects! I love your Whiskers quilt and the all of the Halloween decorations. Nice work.

Cathy said...

You're right, no one else will notice. And she is really cute! And I love your Henrietta whiskers quilt. Can't wait to see what you do with the quilting.

QuiltSue said...

Everything looks great that you showed us today. You have certainly been busy. I think the witch has to be my favourite though.

Linda said...

Gorgeous!!! I love your version of HW!!! I really like the colors. Can't wait to see it quilted!!