Lots going on here, probably too much....felt like I was running in place getting nothing done and then all of a sudden progress and finishing.
It's how I roll so you'd think I'd be used to it by now.
My 2 NICU donation quilts. All my leftover 9-patch and snowball blocks are gone--that feels good.
both are 36 x 36
My niece (2nd grade) called my last night. She lives in New Mexico. She has an American Girl doll that my sister says she just loves. So her call was to ask me a question....."could you make her a blanket?" I said I'd love to, what is her favorite color? She said "oh any color she likes them all, ...well except for grey!" We talked for a few minutes about her school and her brother and the fact that she has no snow at her house. And I'm lucky to have so much....really she's only in 2nd grade, smart as a whip!! I could hear my brother-in-law in the background saying, "make sure you're not holding Aunt Diane back from something, Morgan!" Haha she has the gift of gab like her aunt Diane!!!
This morning I was up too early...too many things on my mind, you know how that goes. So I went downstairs and pulled out my box of charm packs. And picked one of the Snow Days packs that I won on Sew Cindy's blog in August. (thank you again Cindy!)
They've been waiting patiently for inspiration to hit.
They've been waiting patiently for inspiration to hit.
A doll quilt and pillow.
sorry about the glare on the table top didn't notice it before.
I just used a few decorative stitches to 'quilt' it on my DSM.
Oh dang, I forgot to take a picture of the back. I used the last 5 charms down the center of it. And my dad just left here (he stops once or twice a week for a cuppa coffee, isn't that nice? He doesn't stay real long just pops in and out)
ANYway, he took it with him because he and my mom are going to be mailing Morgan this little doll table and chair set he made for her, so they can put the quilt in the package with it.
Meghan and I want our own table and chairs too. (j/k)
| Pooh and Tigger trying out the table and chairs! |
I also finished quilting my crumb quilt and just need to hand sew the binding to the back. (Bleck--you know my most loathe some job). But I'm excited to get that one done.
A finished picture next week.
4 comments:
2 itty bitties are going to be blessed to own these quilts. Your niece is going to be thrilled with her package. How lucky is she that her grandpa makes furniture for her dolls. That is fabulous. Now you will have to make her a table topper. :) The doll quilt is perfect.
Your NICU quilts are wonderful...OMG that little table and chairs is AMAZING! Your niece is going to love her new doll quilt!
Those snowball quilts are beautiful. They came out really nice.
You are cranking out some great little projects over there! Toss that binding over to me...I love stitching down the binding :)
Post a Comment