I got the string blocks sewn together yesterday and it's to heavy to pin back up on the wall. I need to add a border, right now this measures 54 x 72. I arranged the blocks for a color wheel effect going around the black and brown blocks in the center--that's about as artsy as I'm getting!
I used up almost all of my light strips. I have a ton of the different colored ones though. I was thinking of another one but all random darks with a light center strip...still letting that one simmer.
7 comments:
That is a beautiful quilt, Diane! Love the effect of the colors.
Bari
Great looking quilt. Love the idea of doing the color wheel effect.
Liz
Love it!
Ooh, very pretty! I love the colour layout.
That is one fancy lookin' quilt there, woo-HOO! You're playing with the Big Girls now! hahaha!
It always amazes me when I look at a quilt and totally missed it... as in I looked at this quilt and totally missed the light blocks, no kidding. They might as well have been just plain blocks. I had to take a second look to see that they were actually pieced. Boy, that's a lot f piecing all right. It's lovely. Great way to start the new year...finishing a gorgeous quilt; you just can't beat that! B=)
Looking good Diane! 8-)
Happy New Year! Great string quilt!
Post a Comment