On Monday my quilt guild hosted Lorrie Faith Cranor. She gave a presentation of her quilts and designs and then on Tuesday led a workshop on her Interleave design.
The weather was awful and I almost didn't go but boy am I glad I did!
Lorrie is a lovely person and excellent teacher.
We were to pick 4 FQ of fabrics that went well together but had good contrast.
Geeze louise, picking fabrics makes me crazy. I must have pulled 20 fabrics out of the stash. Then after the guild meeting and seeing her quilts in person, I came home and picked different ones!
Here are my fabrics prepped and ready to be cut into 1 inch sections!
Of course I forgot my camera, so one of the other ladies taking the class took these and was kind enough to send them to me.
starting to see the design
after I got home I finished the last few rows
squared it up to 16 inches, made binding and finished it.
Here it is hanging in the dining room.
This pattern is Helix (Sine Wave)... I have NO IDEA what that is-but I like it in a quilt!
Today I started another one. Same pattern totally different fabrics. I have better contrast with these and like the effect even better.
This is a quilt as you go technique, and after adding each strip I would piece a hst unit for my Up, Up and Away quilt (from Amanda's book)
and finally reached 589!
That's just enough to make the quilt (if I've added correctly) woo-hoo!
There's the last one and the jar I've been keeping them in.
I started making them back in August. It will be fun to lay them out one of these days. one of these days soon I hope.
4 comments:
So lovely!
Greetings from Finland!
Hugs, Ulla
I absolutely love your interleaved quilt.
That is really cool!! It would be neat to make a whole quilt using that technique, with lots of different fabrics in it.
A very modern design. I have done the same as you when taking a class. It is hard to pick fabrics for something when you don't know exactly how things will work. come home and pick different fabrics.
Post a Comment