First some randomness.
Could this be the reason Otis has been diagnosed with
hip dysplasia?
********
I was making a new name tag for the first quilt guild meeting of the year last night. Meghan came down with a cup of tea.
She started to mess with my dry erase board and I said, not seeing what she was doing, "don't leave anything on there-those markers are hard to erase after awhile."
Later when I was done, she had already gone back upstairs;
this is what I found.
(I added the "grrrrr" at the top)
******
I had lunch with a dear friend last week and as I was getting ready to meet her I had this thought pop into my head that I needed to give her a quilt.
She loved it. I'm so glad.
We're been friends since the 4th grade.
I was the new girl in the class.
My family moved into our newly built house before the carpet was installed and other 'finishes' so us kids could start in the new school district.
I was terribly shy. Susan and I somehow, I can't remember exactly, started talking about horses. We are both horse crazy. Susan still rides, takes event lessons and horse riding vacations with some of her riding friends --Spain, Ireland; how cool is that.
Anyway, with any luck we'll still be getting together for lunch for another 40 years.
The quilt gift was overdue.
******
Here is the customer quilt I gave a peek at a post of two ago.
Concentric circles looks really good on this quilt.
This lady brings me a top and always already knows the thread colors she wants and the quilting design!
*****
I made this quilt in just a few days. It's from Mary. I made mine a little wider (had to piece the strips) but it's for a baby who's already 5 months old so I wanted it a bit bigger.
******
the beginnings or a baby quilt for MY SOON TO BE GRANDDAUGHTER!
I am a wee bit excited.
I am doing the blanket stitching now. I really need to take my machine in for servicing afterwards, the stitch length is messed up. It has been but I've been just adjusting and adjusting. It's going to bite me in the butt one of these days and soon I'm afraid.
The thoughts of getting the older machine out and set up, oiled and refresh myself with it keeps me procrastinating. Why oh why?
****
And the Gees Bend style quilt I spoke of last week.
I will be swapping it for another top that needs quilted.
It's so nice to quilt it and pass it along for someone else to bind.
Saturday I went to the monthly meeting of the "Mod Squad". It's a spin off group from my guild.
It was started last March.
They've met during the summer but I had to take time off from meeting since there were too many other things going on.
I volunteered to demo the Quick Curve Ruler at our next meeting in October.
Yikes!
4 comments:
Oh Otis! Even from this angle he is adorable. :)
Diddly squats.....hilarious!!
What a wonderful friend story. How sweet to give her a quilt, you know she will treasure it forever.
A granddaughter!!! I am so excited for you. Being a Gramma is the best job ever.
Oh my goodness...lots going on at your place! Congratulations on the new grandbaby to be!
Tell Otis that Willy says he hopes he feels better so he can run and jump and play....
Poor Otis! I'm sure he'll get a lot of TLC from you.
Meghan has quite a sense of humor. Love the diddly squats.
I think it's great that you've kept in contact with Susan since elementary school.
Post a Comment