Friday, September 6, 2013

happy Friday

I am super happy to show that my two stitcheries are finished. Stitchin Annie now hangs in my sewing room.  The pillow doesn't know where it's going to live yet.
They were on my 2013 Goals list--not anymore.  yea!



X's is together.
It is 72 x 96 right now.  I may call it done but I have a HUGE bag of strip scraps and think a scrappy string border would be good.  I would want to put a narrow blue stop border on first and not sure if I have enough blue to do it. I'm at a point here with projects (?) that the thoughts of buying more fabric just to make it bigger seems wrong, weird...a waste...I don't know.
Maybe I just need another cup of coffee!

Another fun quilt by Libby that I quilted up for her. 
The dinosaur print she used for the backing is soo adorable!

The start of another customer quilt-concentric circles ala Angela Walters.
I just l.o.v.e the texture this pattern makes.  It's a big quilt 89x89 so I'll be 'circling it' for a few days.


And here is the start (OMGOSH what am I doing) shame on me 
I used a partially used Jellyroll and some 2.5" strips from the stash.  I'm laying these out right now with four matching 'hoops' in each block, but I know a few blocks are going to be a mishmash so I hope I can control myself and NOT start to sew the blocks together until I have them all made.


Don't these look a bit labor intensive???  
They are so stinkin' quick it just amazes me every time I make one. 

Since one of my favorite things is watching a quilt 'grow' on the design wall, it's going to be hard for me to not keep making these hoops instead of finishing up other projects first...



4 comments:

Carol said...

Busy! Busy girl! Great stitchery finish. I saw on your shelf that you're reading Caddie Woodlawn...that was one of my very favorite books when I was a kid...memories!

QuiltSue said...

You are very busy. Your stitcheries are lovely, specially Annie.

I have the curve ruler thingy too, and a stack of FQs and will be starting a double wedding ring quilt soon.

Denise in PA said...

The stitcheries are so quilt! And, I love the blues in the next two quilts! So, those curves blocks are easy,huh? They are very impressive

Mary said...

I love the fabric you are using for Metro Hoops. Is Angela Walters' concentric circle pattern from a class or DVD?