Wednesday, September 19, 2012

the first 4

New York Beauties


I'm happy with them all.  The one on top left is the only one a little off- you can see the bottom of the outside background piece is too narrow by a good 1/4 inch.  I'm not sure what went wrong but I can always re do it.  
I'm going to wait since I need 36 total blocks the chances of having more like that are high.  If I have 2 like that next to each other it won't stick out as off.


5 comments:

Denise in PA said...

Very nice! And impressive. I haven't done too much paper piecing either, but lately I've been intrigued.

Judy D in WA said...

Well look at you! I'm so proud. ;o)
Your blocks look fabulous! I think it's important to have one or two a little off. It reflects me. LOL
Isn't it fun picking fabrics for these!

Lynn said...

Those are beautiful blocks! Your quilt will be stunning. Though I don't mind paper piecing, I steer clear of curved seams. It doesn't look like you're having much trouble with the curves.

Cathy said...

Diane, they look WONDERFUL!! I warn you, they are highly addictive!!

Susan said...

Beautiful! They are going to make a great quilt!