Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Quilts for Kids

I quilted these last week.  
The one on the left I made from a Quilts for Kids kit I got from my guild's last meeting in June.  We're to have them done by the first meeting in September.  Joan, who's in charge of this project called me to see if I could quilt a few.  I think they all turned out beautifully.
I quilted each one differently.




****

About a month ago I saw this quilt pattern and just loved it.

I know --I think I'm going a bit modern here *gulp* but we'll talk about that later.

Elizabeth's directions call for 3 inch strips.  I figured I have all these 3.5 inch strips already cut in the drawer just use them.

I have 4 blocks left to piece.  (the plan is to do that as soon as I'm done here). 
Then I'm going to take them to Joann's and pick a nice solid for the background.  I really like the grey in the pattern's quilt but I'm using the grey I have for this new project.


It is for a certain somebody who has gone all British, even before the Olympics!  
It's going to be a very simply design and (gasp) very modern looking.

*****

On Saturday we took another long bike ride.  The weather was beautiful.
We went to PSU to The Creamery.  Paul's sister had never been to Penn State and although I'd been there many times while oldest son was attending school there, I'd never had their famous ice cream.  

The ride was beautiful.   
The ice cream delish and I'm not even a big ice cream fan! 

Mary, Paul and Me
State College is a beautiful town and PSU is such a fantastic school.  
I do hope they become an even better school in the future with or without football.





6 comments:

Mary said...

I like your new header. Nice quilting!

Darlene said...

The quilts for kids are wonderful, Diane. They are going to make a few kids very, very happy.

Judy D in WA said...

Love all the quilts for kids! Nice quilting-love the verigated thread.
Nice new quilt!
Awesome family picture. I need to know-did you make the bag? If so, which pattern and do you like it, cuz I really do. :)

Lynn said...

Love the kids quilts! Sounds like another wonderful ride.

Karen said...

I was thinking I would like to include a British flag block in a quilt. Never have done that.

Talin's Corner said...

Those quilts are beautiful. Are the British flags panels?