I'll call it a good start.
The block on the left I made with the 4 inch blades. It's on a 12 inch background.
The block on the right is 5 inch blades and a 14 inch background.
I love them both, but the bigger block will be what I use for my quilt. The background is a light grey, a Buggy Barn basic fabric. I need to get some more of it...isn't that always how it goes with me or so it seems.
I tried a few different backgrounds and even a white (yikes-so not me) but this one I love.
I'm using my stash of civil war fabrics for the blades.
My cutting table is a mess.
I have a quilt on the frame almost done...three quarters...two thirds done...maybe tomorrow, maybe Wednesday. It's all good.
4 comments:
Woo-Hoo!!! Awesome start, Diane. Love your blocks.
The plates are going to look so pretty.
I love how the dresden plates are looking. The gray fabric is very nice. Maybe the smaller sample plate could become the label on the back of your quilt?
They are so very very pretty. Aren't you glad you jumped in?
Post a Comment